Friday, May 26, 2017

Sandal-Ready Feet with Homemade Foot Soak

We have had the most BEA-U-TI-FUL weather this week, and with the beautiful, warm, sunny weather, came my sandals!  One little problem, tough.... my feet were not at all ready to be exposed and shown off to the public. Good thing no one was looking (hopefully!)  My solution (quite literally 😄): a homemade foot soak that promises soft feet and costs less than £1 to make.  

I've been eyeing up those battery-operated pedicure rollers for a few months, but every time I saw the price - about £40 - I couldn't justify spending that amount of money to silkafy (that's a word, right?) my feet.  Not only would I have to spend money on the roller, I'd also have to pay for batteries and replacement sanding rollers... no way!  I even saw a pedicure set on Boots.com for about £175 - seriously shocking!

Ok, so every "recipe" for this homemade foot soak called for Listerine, but it's a name brand and I was put off by the price of a bottle.  Then I read that any antiseptic mouth wash would work - so one that kills the bacteria in your mouth, not just the minty fresh kind.  Bingo.  I had a solution: I'd buy the store brand antiseptic for £2, saving me £1.50 over a bottle of Listerine.



So, here's the "recipe":
1 cup of antiseptic mouthwash, such as Listerine
1 cup of distilled vinegar (I read that apple cider vinegar works, too)
2 cups of warm/hot water

Pour all of the wet ingredients into a baking dish or bowl and soak your feet for at least 15 minutes.  Yes, you can take some time to relax!  

When you decide it's time to take your feet out, dry them off and use a pumice stone to gently buff the rougher parts of your feet.

I am AMAZED how soft my feet are. (Apologies if pictures of my feet are grossing you out.)


Now that I have tried this homemade foot soak, I am soooo glad I didn't buy an expensive micro pedi roller thing.  After a little nail polish, my feet will be ready for the world to see the next time I wear sandals (ok, just kidding... I really don't want people to look at my feet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment