Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Welcome and "Forget the Budget!"

It's almost 11:00pm, so this won't be long, but I can't go to bed without a quick hello and welcome to the new readers of this blog and a kind of funny story that happened just before 7:00am this morning that had me saying, "Forget the budget!"

Welcome to the new readers to my blog! Thank you for continuing to follow my blog if you've been a reader for a while and thank you for joining me if you've just started following. By sharing with you my money-saving mindset, I hope to inspire you to make small changes, aka "the pennies", in your life that will help you to create your own money-saving mindset.  I am not a teacher, nor am I qualified to give any financial advice, but I do go against the cultural norms of spend now, think later.  My husband and I make short-term sacrifices for long-term gain.  We tell our money where to go before we spend it, aka "budgeting".  I may do weird or unusual things to save a pound, but "weirdo" is a term of endearment to me 😉

So, on to my story.  You know, as much as I get a kick out of scoring a free cup of coffee, finding a penny on the ground or deciding not to buy something because it'd be a "want" over a "need", believe it or not, there are times that the little green envy monster creeps in... and that happened this morning.  See the lovely snow in the picture above that I took yesterday morning?  The snow has ground most of the UK to a halt... most, I said... that is, all except my lovely neighbours' gorgeous pickup truck.  Their pickup truck simply laughs at the snow as it plows its way through it.  I get a taste of this gorgeous pickup when my neighbour friend and I drive in it to the gym on occasion.  As we were plowing through the gym in the pickup this morning, I felt the gentle warming of the seat on my bottom.  Oh, life's little luxuries!  On the way home, again plowing our way through the snow and feeling the warmth on my bottom, I told my friend that I had told my husband that we NEED one of these gorgeous pickup trucks.  "Forget the budget!", I howled! "Forget the budget!"  We laughed as she knows how seriously I take my budget and saving.  I reeled it in by stating how thankful I was for my reliable 11-year-old Vauxhall Vectra *sigh*.... but is it too much for a girl to ask for a warm bottom?!?!  😂

There you go. There are times when I feel like saying "forget the budget!", but then again, I quickly remember how it important it is to be thankful for what I do have and to allocate my money at the beginning of the month to reach our (my husband and mine) financial goals. Night, night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment