Saturday, December 31, 2016

Budget 2017


Very little gets me more excited than talking "budget". Sad, I know, but it's true.  There are about 30 minutes left of 2016. While many, many are out drinking and partying, I am sitting here on my couch proud as a pickle (whatever that means, it just came to mind) that my budget for 2017 is all set before the stroke of midnight.  Take that, Fairy God Mother!

This evening, I've created a "Budget 2017" spreadsheet, and Jeff and I have compared numbers against each other's spreadsheets, which we do monthly, and our finances are ready to go for a new year.  I feel in control.  This control, however, goes only so far as my recognizing that I'm ultimately in control of nothing. Our Lord is. Our Lord is in control of everything.

Just as Jeff and I were about to finish comparing figures against each other's spreadsheets, I jokingly asked him, "How much do we have left over (unaccounted for)? Nothing?!"  I quickly corrected my sarcastic question and answered myself, "More than we deserve".  It's true. We deserve nothing.  The Lord has blessed us with everything.  Everything comes from Him, including the money that's in our bank account.

As we start a new year, let's begin with a grateful heart for our blessings. Whether you have millions sitting in your bank account or are struggling until the next paycheck, you are blessed.  He will provide as He as has provided.  Many blessings in 2017.

P.S. If you would like to take "control" of your finances once and for all, I am happy to send you my Budget Template using an Excel spreadsheet. Please PM me to request it.  I hope to go into detail about my spreadsheet over the next few weeks, so you, too, can go into 2017 with a fresh confidence towards your finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment